Network Configuration: Curve & Gradient Details
For assistance, email email@example.com or visit the Engineering Help pages. To report an issue in an engineering document or propose a change, please complete EGP0101F-02 Engineering Document Change Request and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curve data for the ARTC network is available as detailed below:
- For Western Jurisdiction (SA/WA), Victoria and NSW the data is now available in tabular form, the source data is derived primarily from AK car recordings.
- The data is presented in F-sheet format to give enhanced information about the full curvature designs including transitions, arc radii and compounds.
- Superevelation (cant) is presented as the current design for a given curve and directly related to, and dependent on, the boarded speed at that location. At all times the superelevation in this data must be compliant with current ARTC track geometry standards for cant deficiency, however in some locations the actual train speeds may vary away from ideal balance (cant excess).
- Curve & Gradient Diagrams are also available for the ARTC network and give an overall condensed horizontal and vertical profile of line segments.
- The diagrams detailed below are based on historical data that may not have been updated for recent works/realignments. They are only approximate and should be used for guidance only. The data has been quality checked and resulting ratings are as follows in the sheet:
- A - Record correct
- B - Minor change applied (situations 1 and 2)
- C - Major change applied (situation 3)
- D - Minor change required (situations 1 and 2)
- E - Major change required (situation 3)
- (The difference between B/C and D/E being whether or not a correction was applied)
- It is planned to progressively update Curve data as GPS surveys are completed and configuration changes are notified.
The following curve details form part of the Network Interface Co-ordination Plan TA02 - Appendix III ARTC Curve Data
|Curvature Master||06 Nov 2020||TA02 - App III|
|Curve Data Information||07 Sep 2020||.|
The following grade details form part of the Network Interface Co-ordination Plan TA02 - Appendix XIII ARTC Grades
|Grades Amendment Details||20 Dec 2012||TA02 - App XIII|
|01||Adelaide to Crystal Brook||01 Jun 2006||TA02 - App XIII|
|02||Coonamia to Broken Hill||20 Sep 2006||TA02 - App XIII|
|03||Melbourne to Albury||01 Jun 2006||TA02 - App XIII|
|04||Melbourne to Serviceton||01 Jun 2006||TA02 - App XIII|
|05||Adelaide to Serviceton||20 Oct 2008||TA02 - App XIII|
|06||Port Augusta to Whyalla||28 Feb 2007||TA02 - App XIII|
|07||Coonamia to Tarcoola||20 Dec 2012||TA02 - App XIII|
|08||Tarcoola to Cook||28 Feb 2007||TA02 - App XIII|
|09||Cook to Rawlinna||28 Feb 2007||TA02 - App XIII|
|10||Rawlinna to Kalgoorlie||26 Oct 2009||TA02 - App XIII|
|11||Benalla to Oaklands||12 Dec 2012||TA02 - App XIII|
|12||Maroona to Portland||12 Dec 2012||TA02 - App XIII|
The NSW Curve and Gradient Diagrams as published below are a reformatted version only of the diagrams developed by a party other than ARTC and have been accepted for use by ARTC without warranty. Diagrams relate to some parts of the Network not controlled by ARTC. The diagrams are to be used as a guide only.
|NSW Curve & Gradient Diagrams Amendment Details||12 Dec 2012|
|NSW Curve & Gradient Diagrams: Introduction||15 May 2007||1.0|
|Section 1 - North and Hunter Valley Diagram Index||12 Dec 2012||2.0|
|N00||Main North||12 Dec 2012||2.0|
|N35||Islington Junction to Newcastle||-||-|
|N70||Binnaway to Werris Creek||-||-|
|N73||Werris Creek to Mungindi||12 Dec 2012||2.0|
|N85||Camurra to Boggabilla||-||-|
|Section 2 - South Diagram Index||12 Dec 2012||2.0|
|S32||Picton to Mittagong Loop||-||-|
|S34||Unanderra to Moss Vale||-||-|
|S70||Cootamundra to Lake Cargelligo||12 Dec 2012||2.0|
|Section 3 - West Diagram Index||12 Dec 2012||2.0|
|W00||Main West||12 Dec 2012||2.0|
|W20||Orange to Broken Hill||12 Dec 2012||2.0|
|W33||Parkes to Narromine||-||-|
|W34||Stockinbingal to Parkes||04 Apr 2011||1.1|
|W50||Wallerawang to Gwabegar||12 Dec 2012||2.0|
|W60||Troy Junction to Merrygoen||-||-|
|Section 4 � Sydney Freight Network||12 Dec 2012||1.0|